Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor
Click To Read more
Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor course is designed to teach current Divemaster’s or Assistant Instructors certified with a recognized dive training organization the knowledge to effectively function as an open water scuba diver instructor. This program is divided into two sections, an instructor development course (IDC) and an instructor evaluation course (IEC).
- Minimum age 18
- Certified diver minimum of 6 months
- SDI Divemaster, SDI Assistant Instructor, or equivalent
- Proof of CPR, First Aid & O2 Provider
- Proof of 100 logged dives completed in a number of different environments with varying depths.
*Note: First Response Training International Instructor courses may be combined with the SDI Open Water Scuba Diving Instructor course.
What is included:
- Semi-Private Class (4-6 Students MAX)
- Air tank rentals
- Certification Processing
- Certification Hard Card
- Digital Certification Card
- Gear Discounts
- Dive Club Entry
What is not included:
- CPR, First Aid Training, & O2 Provider
- Entry / Boat Fees: All entry fees and/or offshore or inshore boat fees.
- Tips: (Boat crew, Instructor, Dive Master)
- Personal Gear: Scuba Quality Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Surface Marker Buoy (SMB), Dive Slate.
- Gear: (BCD, Regulator Set, Wetsuit) Full Equipment list and requirements provided prior to class start.
- Transportation to Training Locations or Dive Sites
- Agency Fees: Application Fees, Crossover Fees, Upgrade fees, any additional fees required by agency.
- Additional Materials: Additional materials maybe available that are not required for the course (Digital Instructor Guides & Course Manuals). Although not required they are highly recommended
The Florida Dive Company Difference:
We offer smaller class sizes than a typical dive shop. This means you receive the added benefit of a semi- private class at no additional cost. Our reduced class size allows our students to have direct experience with our Instructors which we believe produces a more knowledgeable, safe and confident diver. We do not rush you or your training as we understand the natural progression of learning as each individual learns at different speeds.
We take pride in our instructional methodology and adhere to our course standards all while providing a safe, fun, and memorable learning experience that will last a lifetime.
Florida Dive Company offers e-Learning options with our all-inclusive package pricing.
No Hidden Fees! (Tipping is not included)
$2000.00 + Materials & Fees ($1144.09)
Typical Materials and Fees Breakdown-**Prices may change without notice**
$348.09 SDI PRO Instructor Kit (Purchased from Florida Dive Company)
Includes Presentation Bag, OWSD Manual, OWSD KQ Booklet,
Student Record Folder, SDI Logo Sticker, Student Skill Checklist,
CW/OW 5 Slate Series, Training Logbook, Mask Strap,
SDI Professional Bag, Dive Leader Record Folder,
Rescue Diver Slate, Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slate,
Dive Master KQ, Online eLearning access code, OWSDI Digital Resource
$196.00 Registration Fee
Paid to SDI directly upon graduation.
$600.00 Instructor Evaluation Course
Upon successful completion of your Instructor Development Course (IDC) a final 2 Day Instructor Evaluation Course (IEC) is completed by a third party, independent Instructor Trainer which provides a mandatory, non-bias and completely independent evaluation of each Instructors skills at our facility.
Yearly SDI Dive Professional renewal to stay active- $230.00 (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Proof of Scuba Professional General Liability Insurance - We can help you get a quote! (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Typical Class Schedule
IDC & IE
Day 1: Classroom
Day 2: Class & Pool
Day 3: Class & Pool
Day 4: Class & Pool
Day 5: Open Water
Day 6: Open Water
Day 7: FRTI Course
Day 8: IE Day1
Day 9: IE Day 2
Check out our Career Development optional add-ons.
First Response Training Instructor
- Adult, Child, and Infant Emergency Care Instructor
- Airborne Pathogens Instructor
- Bloodborne Pathogens Instructor
- Workplace CPR & AED Instructor
- Oxygen Administration Instructor
Specialty Instructor (5 SDI Specialties)
- Computer Nitrox Instructor
- Deep Instructor
- U/W Navigation Instructor
- Advanced Buoyancy Instructor
- Computer Diver Instructor