VA APPROVED PROGRAMS
USE YOUR GI BILL® BENEFITS TO EARN A DIVE CERTIFICATION, BUILD NEW SKILLS, OR BECOME A DIVE PROFESSIONAL!
VA-approved certifications and professional-level licenses. These programs cover a range of courses, including beginner scuba diving education, technical and public safety diving, freediving, instructor courses, and more. Keep reading to see the full list of programs and learn how you can take advantage of this great opportunity.
If your goal is to become a diver, grow your skills, or to start teaching, you will be in good hands at Florida Dive Company. You will be mentored and guided by our staff of extremely knowledgeable and experienced Staff, Instructors, Course Directors and Instructor Trainers.
*This list is not all inclusive, there are some courses that are eligible through International Diving that Florida Dive Company does not offer at this time.
**GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS FLORIDA DIVE COMPANY’S VA PROGRAM?
Our VA program enables veterans to use their GI Bill® benefits to learn to dive, continue their SCUBA education, or become a dive industry professional. This program offers multiple VA-approved certifications and professional-level licenses. These programs cover a range of courses, including beginner scuba diving education, technical diving, instructor courses, and more.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL?
We encourage you to confirm your eligibility for this program with the Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Office or local VA Assistance Offices prior to committing to a course.
ELIGIBILITY IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING PROGRAMS:
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty Educational Assistance Program Chapter 30
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Assistance Program Chapter 32
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® Chapter 33
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program Chapter 35
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve Program Chapter 1606
These licenses and exams should deduct portions of months based on the dollar amount of the course taken.
Each veteran has a different situation so confirming with the VA before starting is the best scenario to confirm eligibility and reimbursement.
You should confirm eligibility, time left and benefit level with your VA representative. The veteran will only be reimbursed the amount listed on our website. Equipment purchases are not covered under this program.
WHAT LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS ARE OFFERED?
Currently there are 18 VA-approved programs available through International Training. You may see a list of all the certification and licensing programs available here.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- Give Florida Dive Company a call or send us an email to inquire about the certification or professional license you are interested in pursuing.
- Pay for the program you have selected. Make sure you retain your proof of purchase / receipt. You will need those in order to be reimbursed.
- Complete all your training.
- Submit VA Form 22-0803 (we will provide you with the pre-filled forms for each course to avoid mistakes). See section below for instructions to streamline the paperwork process. The VA will process your form and issue reimbursement once approved.
*You MUST have your proof of purchase/receipt.*
Complete your portion of VA Form 22-0803 and upload it to the VA website through Ask VA along with all supporting materials, or mail it to your regional VA processing office for reimbursement.
It is important that all required items are included. To make this process easier, we have pre-filled portions of the form according to each of our programs. You can find a .pdf of the form for your selected program at tdisdi.com/gibill.