Instructor Crossover - SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI
Click To Read more
INTERNATIONAL TRAINING PROFESSIONAL FAMILIARIZATION PROGRAM
Florida Dive Company makes your SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Crossover as easy as possible, with no final exams, dive theory presentations or in most cases in-water skill evaluations!
The concept behind a crossover is centered on the fact that participants are already experienced instructors, eliminating the need to revisit the fundamentals of teaching. Instead the focus is on understanding the distinctions between the previous agency and SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI, streamlining the crossover process.
An often overlooked advantage of the crossover, is that the associated cost encompasses a comprehensive package. This includes application fees, teaching materials, and the conversion of all existing instructor certifications.
You will start with the International Training Professional Familiarization Program and transition to SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI. This online eLearning program allows individuals with current certification from other recognized SCUBA agencies to fulfill academic requirements for becoming an SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Dive Professional. It serves as the initial step for those looking to cross over to Scuba Diving International (SDI), Technical Diving International (TDI), Emergency Response Diving International (ERDI), or Professional Freediving International (PFI). The process is a one-time requirement, even if crossing over to multiple agencies.
Florida Dive Company is your liaison though this program. The course fees includes the required elearning material and mandatory review of the online infrastructure you will use as an SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Dive Professional.
The Professional Familiarization Course involves three steps:
1. Complete the Self-Study Academic Program:
The program will acquaint you with the history and philosophy of International Training the parent company of SDI, TDI, ERDI, and PFI. It will also review standards and procedures, programs, and products for the agency or agencies for which you may be qualifying.
2. Gather Required Paperwork:
Gather all of the required paperwork you must submit to acquire your new professional rating(s). This paperwork will include a copy of your current required professional rating and, if required, current insurance listing SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI as an additional insured. Once you complete the online program and successfully complete the final exam a course completion form will be emailed to you. This form will have a list of all the required paperwork you will need to submit. The form along with all required paperwork will need to be submitted to an SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Representative.
3. Finalize Your Rating: Choose from two options for this step:
- Option one is to meet with an SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Representative or Instructor Trainer. During this meeting you will be able to ask any questions you may have. The representative will ensure you have all the required paperwork and will help you submit it to SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Headquarters.
- Option two is to meet with an individual from the local SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI facility you are affiliated with. They will verify you have all the required paperwork and will be able to help answer any questions you may have. You can always contact SDI/TDI/ERDI/PFI Headquarters with your questions.
Once headquarters receives and processes your paperwork, you will be issued your new SDI, TDI, ERDI, or PFI Dive Professional credentials. If you are located outside of North America, contact your local SDI, TDI, ERDI, or PFI Regional Office.