Click To Read more
A build on to the SDI Divemaster Program by gaining practical teaching experience, learning to prepare lesson plans, and give academic presentations. You will work with an instructor to gain experience teaching before moving on to the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Instructor level. Once you complete the Specialty Instructor training with a qualified SDI Instructor Trainer, you can become qualified to teach several SDI Specialty Diver courses.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified SDI Divemaster or equivalent
- Provide proof of current CPR, first aid and oxygen provider,* where local law permits
- Provide proof of at least 60 logged dives or 50 logged dives and 25 hours underwater accumulated time
- Possess the minimum instructional equipment, as defined in leadership course standards section two of this manual.
* Note: CPR, first aid, and oxygen provider courses may be combined with the IDC Program by qualified instructors
What is included:
- Semi-Private Class (4-6 Students MAX)
- Air tank rentals
- Certification Processing
- Certification Hard Card
- Digital Certification Card
- Gear Discounts
- Dive Club Entry
What is not included:
- CPR, First Aid Training, & O2 Provider
- Entry / Boat Fees: All entry fees and/or offshore or inshore boat fees.
- Tips: (Boat crew, Instructor, Dive Master)
- Personal Gear: Scuba Quality Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Surface Marker Buoy (SMB), Dive Slate.
- Gear: (BCD, Regulator Set, Wetsuit) Full Equipment list and requirements provided prior to class start.
- Transportation to Training Locations or Dive Sites
- Agency Fees: Application Fees, Crossover Fees, Upgrade fees, any additional fees required by agency.
- Additional Materials: Additional materials maybe available that are not required for the course (Digital Instructor Guides & Course Manuals). Although not required they are highly recommended
The Florida Dive Company Difference:
We offer smaller class sizes than a typical dive shop. This means you receive the added benefit of a semi- private class at no additional cost. Our reduced class size allows our students to have direct experience with our Instructors which we believe produces a more knowledgeable, safe and confident diver. We do not rush you or your training as we understand the natural progression of learning as each individual learns at different speeds.
We take pride in our instructional methodology and adhere to our course standards all while providing a safe, fun, and memorable learning experience that will last a lifetime.
Florida Dive Company offers e-Learning options with our all-inclusive package pricing.
No Hidden Fees! (Tipping is not included)
$1500.00 + Materials & Fees ($393.76)
Typical Materials and Fees Breakdown-**Prices may change without notice**
$316.76 SDI Assistant Instructor Kit (Purchased from Florida Dive Company)
Includes SDI Standards and Procedures Digital Resource,
SDI Logo Sticker, SDI Mask Strap,
SDI Professional Bag, Dive Leader Record Folder,
AI Manual, AI KQ, Online eLearning access code,
$77.00 Registration Fee
Paid to SDI directly upon graduation.
Yearly SDI Dive Professional renewal to stay active- $100.00 (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Proof of Scuba Professional General Liability Insurance - We can help you get a quote! (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Typical Class Schedule
Day 1: Classroom
Day 2: Class & Pool
Day 3: Class & Pool
Day 4: Open Water
Day 5: Open Water
Day 6: Open Water
Day 7: Open Water
Day 8: Rescue
Day 9: Rescue