Click To Read more
The purpose of this specialty course* is to actively allow the student to engage in the collection of certain marine objects and to demonstrate and explain the necessary rules of underwater hunting. Prudent and conservative techniques of both aspects must be exercised. The Hunter/Collector Diver Course covers the “how-to’s” of hunting and collection of marine life.
*Note: We encourage that you purchase/bring a spear gun for this course to get acclimated to your gear and setup. Gear discounts available in store with the purchase of class.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Advanced Adventure or equivalent and Nitrox Certifications Preferred
What is included:
- Semi-Private Class (4-6 Students MAX)
- Entry fee to dive locations
- Air tank rentals
- e-Learning Material
- Same Instructor throughout course
- Certification Processing
- Certification Hard Card
- Digital Certification Card
- Gear Discounts
- Dive Club Entry
What is not included:
- Tips: (Boat crew, Instructor, Dive Master, Fish or Lobster Cleaning)
- Personal Gear: Scuba Quality Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- Gear: (BCD, Regulator Set, Wetsuit, Weights ) is not included however is available if needed at an additional cost. We are happy to accommodate your rental needs.
- Hunting Equipment: Spear Gun, Pole Spears, Hawaiian Slings, Lobster gear and measuring devices.
- Transportation to Training Locations or Dive Sites
The Florida Dive Company Difference:
We offer smaller class sizes than a typical dive shop. This means you receive the added benefit of a semi- private class at no additional cost. Our reduced class size allows our students to have direct experience with our Instructors which we believe produces a more knowledgeable, safe and confident diver. We do not rush you or your training as we understand the natural progression of learning as each individual learns at different speeds.
We take pride in our instructional methodology and adhere to our course standards all while providing a safe, fun, and memorable learning experience that will last a lifetime.
Florida Dive Company offers e-Learning options with our all-inclusive package pricing.
No Hidden Fees! (Tipping is not included) Just bring your scuba quality mask, fins, snorkel, boots and let’s start your next adventure.
$189.00 classroom only
$475.00 2 tank ocean dive /classroom
Typical Class Schedule
Day 1: Ocean - 2 tank dive