SDI Divemaster Course
Click To Read more
SDI Divemaster Course
SDI Divemaster Course Includes:
Using your VA Benefits
Our VA program enables veterans to use their GI Bill® benefits to learn to dive, continue their SCUBA education, or become a dive industry professional. This program offers multiple VA-approved certifications and professional-level licenses. These programs cover a range of courses, including beginner scuba diving education, technical diving, instructor courses, and more.
We encourage you to confirm your eligibility for this program with the Department of Veteran Affairs Regional Office or local VA Assistance Offices prior to committing to a course.
Eligibility is based on the following programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Active-Duty Educational Assistance Program Chapter 30
- Post-Vietnam Era Veterans Assistance Program Chapter 32
- Post-9/11 GI Bill® Chapter 33
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program Chapter 35
- Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserve Program Chapter 1606
These licenses and exams should deduct portions of months based on the dollar amount of the course taken. Each veteran has a different situation so confirming with the VA before starting is the best scenario to confirm eligibility and reimbursement.
You should confirm eligibility, time left and benefit level with your VA representative. The veteran will only be reimbursed the amount listed on our website. Equipment purchases are not covered under this program.
Divemaster course is your first step in becoming a dive professional as well as a prerequisite to becoming a Scuba Instructor. A great Dive Master candidate is a great leader who has a desire to mentor and motivate others. You will gain dive knowledge, management, and supervision abilities so you can become a role model to divers everywhere. This is a fast-paced performance-based course designed to provide you with extensive knowledge of diving skills and stamina. In addition, includes an emphasis on dive theory which will keep expanding with each certification level. This course is directed towards a prospective professional diver as opposed to a recreational diver.
- SDI Advanced Adventure Diver or equivalent (deep, navigation, night and limited specialties are required)
- SDI Rescue Diver or equivalent
- Proof of CPR, First Aid & O2 Provider
- Proof of 40 logged dives
*Note: First Response courses may be combined with the SDI Divemaster course.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Semi-Private Class (4-6 Students MAX)
- Air tank rentals
- Certification Processing
- Certification Hard Card
- Digital Certification Card
- Gear Discounts
- Dive Club Entry
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- CPR, First Aid Training, & O2 Provider
- Entry / Boat Fees: All entry fees and/or offshore or inshore boat fees.
- Tips: (Boat crew, Instructor, Dive Master)
- Personal Gear: Scuba Quality Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Boots, Surface Marker Buoy (SMB), Dive Slate.
- Gear: (BCD, Regulator Set, Wetsuit) Full Equipment list and requirements provided prior to class start.
- Transportation to Training Locations or Dive Sites
- Agency Fees: Application Fees, Crossover Fees, Upgrade fees, any additional fees required by agency.
- Additional Materials: Additional materials maybe available that are not required for the course (Digital Instructor Guides & Course Manuals). Although not required they are highly recommended
THE FLORIDA DIVE COMPANY DIFFERENCE:
We offer smaller class sizes than a typical dive shop. This means you receive the added benefit of a semi- private class at no additional cost. Our reduced class size allows our students to have direct experience with our Instructors which we believe produces a more knowledgeable, safe and confident diver. We do not rush you or your training as we understand the natural progression of learning as each individual learns at different speeds.
We take pride in our instructional methodology and adhere to our course standards all while providing a safe, fun, and memorable learning experience that will last a lifetime.
Florida Dive Company offers e-Learning options with our all-inclusive package pricing.
No Hidden Fees! (Tipping is not included)
$1500.00 + Materials & Fees ($364.66)
TYPICAL MATERIALS AND FEES BREAKDOWN-**PRICES MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE**
$287.66 SDI Divemaster Kit (Purchased from Florida Dive Company)
Includes SDI Logo Sticker, Mask Strap,
SDI Professional Bag, Dive Leader Record Folder,
Rescue Dive Slate, Divemaster Manual, Divemaster Slate,
Dive Master KQ, Online eLearning access code
$77.00 Registration Fee
Paid to SDI directly upon graduation.
Yearly SDI Dive Professional renewal to stay active- $100.00 (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Proof of Scuba Professional General Liability Insurance - We can help you get a quote! (Required by all Scuba Agencies)
Typical Class Schedule
Day 1: Class & Pool
Day 2: Class & Pool
Day 3: Class & Pool
Day 4: Open Water
Day 5: Class & Pool
Day 6: FRTI Course
Day 7: Open Water
Day 8: Open Water (Offshore)
Day 9: Optional Class & Pool (Make up)
Day10: Optional Open Water (Make up)